Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Curious George Saves the Day

I loved Curious George as a child. Decades ago,  before I was old enough to read , I remember frequently going to the children’s section of our public library and heading straight for the shelf with Curious George on it, tucking it under my arm. and taking the book home (Of course, I would always check it out first.). Curious George was a treasure to me then and still is today.

As part of her review of the top 100 picture books, Betsy Bird spotlighted Curious George today and shared a little known, yet amazing story of how an early sketch of Curious George saved the life of the book's creators, H.A. Rey and Margaret Rey when Nazi Germany invaded Paris..

What are some of your favorite picture books from childhood? What are some of your children's favorite picture books?

No comments:

Post a Comment